Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement for intel Q6600

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Alejandro_2509 
#1 ·
Hello there, I decided it was time to upgrade/replace my ancient Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 with something that is current to keep up to date since latetly some newer versions of software run considerably slower. Specially Flash player and WoW since the last expansion.

I have a budget of $300 or $400 even. I want to replace the the CPU, the motherboard and the RAM. I am aiming for 6 or 8 GB or RAM.

I currently have 6GB of Ram, a 500GB SATA 2 HDD a 600W Coolersmaster silent pro M and a Nvidia 560 Ti. I use the PC mainly to play games, mostly WoW, Diablo III, Empire Total War and RTS games. sometimes I do some programming. I also watch a lot of Youtube videos and movies in HD.

I have windows 8.1 as OS.

#5 ·
#6 ·
It would be like $300 for the processor and the motherboard plus the RAM, I do not think that I have to change the PSU since it is supposed to be of good quality according to coolermaster. The other problem is that I live in mexico and all the PC parts cost as much as double as in the US. My goal here is to be able to run WoW on ultra settings with a decent framerate like 30 or 25 be the bare minimum.

#7 ·
Of course CoolerMaster claims their products are "good". They want you to buy them :grin:.

In fact Coolermaster has come of the worse and lowest quality PSUs on the market. You really should consider upgrading it to a XFX or Seasonic model unit.

What website are you buying the parts from? Is there an Amazon Mexico?

#8 ·
Personally if you cant afford the latest and greatest, I'd suggest an i5 Ivy Bridge Processor and compatible Motherboard, your hard drive and power supply will be adequate. Hopefully you can pick up a motherboard/ CPU combination and Ram for around $300. W7 64 bit is still better than W8, so no need to use that.

#11 ·
No reason to swap out the power supply. The Silent ProM line (by Enhance) are solid; maybe not the greatest but definitely not "the worse and lowest quality PSUs on the market."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.