Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Startup Error Sound

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NuFc Chris 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently been having an issue with my pc when attempting to boot it. When I press the power on button it will attempt to start then the noice will occur. I usually have to completely cut power to the machine and attempt a boot a few more times before it will boot. Originally this happened once but it is becoming very regular. I have attempted to find out the problem myself but simply don't know enough about the hardware to pinpoint the problem. I have recorded a video of the error and uploaded the video to YouTube:

If anyone has any ideas let me know, thanks for any help given!

#3 ·
Hi there,

Open up your computer case and then look for the motherboard brand/model which is usually on the motherboard. When you take note of the brand/model, google your motherboard beep codes.

It could definitely be a memory issue.

Hope everything works out well.

#4 ·
Hi,

It's been a while. I swapped the memory out for working RAM and I have had the same problem. I have a asus p8z77-v lx motherboard and am struggling to match the beeping pattern with anything. It seems to be 4 short beeps then 1 long then another 3 short. Any ideas?

#6 ·
Hi, been a while again. I used MemOk and it still beeped. It's completely random when my PC decides to boot, the time it did boot with MemOk it booted correctly and said the memory was fine. Upon further reading up on the issue online I suspect the problem may actually be with the CPU so I am looking into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.