Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm trying to build a Frankenstein, what do you think?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  T_Rex 
#1 ·
So I chose some parts and I start creating, but I'm not sure what will happen at the end!?
This THING will be used for games and movies and other games (only if it works in the way that I think it will work).
So what do you think will happen with my monster, can it walk and think or it will be a vegetable?

My parts (which I already ordered) are:

1.Processor: Intel Xeon X5690, 6 core, 3.46GHz

2.Motherboard: Dell Precision T7500 Workstation Motherboard System-board 6FW8P LGA1366

3.Ram: Dell 16GB 2X 8GB DDR3 PC3L-10600R 1333MHz 240-Pin ECC REG RAM SNP2WYX3C/8G

I have water cooling for the processor from old PC, I bought Water Cooled Block for it.

I'm planning to finish this THING with Nvidia GTX 980

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my best language.

See less See more
#8 ·
More RAM will not be needed/usable before the build is obsolete.
A GTX 980 should handle any game out there now and probably for some time to come.
One better GPU is almost always the better option for improving graphics. Two GPU's require/consume more power, generate more unneeded heat in the case and you get a small performance gain in the apps that can even utilize two GPU's.

#11 ·
Actually great point and it's true. The reason is that those boards tend to be much more simple yet also more reliable. That's the same reason a plain B85 board (vs. a Z97 gaming marketed board) with less bells and whistles and things to tweak will be easier to setup, and generally more reliable in many cases therefore they can make for a better gaming setup. One can always add wifi cards and sound cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.