Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ideal Tools/Work space for cleaning a computer

981 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DBCooper 
#1 ·
To start off, I wasn't really sure where this question fit in on the forum, so I figured this would be the most ideal board to ask this in, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I've had this custom build for just over a year now, and I also have a very old desktop computer that I'm currently working on fixing up. The problem however is that they're starting to gather up a lot of dust. My custom build is starting to gather some dust and my old computer has really significant dust built up inside (since it hasn't seen use in over a year and a half and it's well over 5 years old).

Obviously this isn't something I intend to keep in there and I would like to clean it up. However the problem is I really don't know what the most ideal tools are and/or what the precautions I need to take are. I'm pretty sure I need some type of air gun but I don't know where to look for that. I also don't know the most ideal space to clean out my computer, since after all, I wouldn't want one of the rooms in my house to get absolutely filled with dust, and I can't always go outside and do it there.

So basically I need to know what tools I absolutely require for cleaning a computer and what the most ideal work space would be to do so, and preferably any precautions I need to take while cleaning.

Thank you for your support.

See less See more
#5 ·
Have never taken a PC outside to clean it. Any I've taken out do not come back. Preferred would be a work shop or utility room with a work bench. If none such is available, lay out the PC directly on the floor (use cardboard to protect finished areas) or even in a large, open cardboard box. Any dust generated may be collected with a vacuum.

#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.