Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

xerox xa7-19i problems

This is a discussion on xerox xa7-19i problems within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Whenever I turn on my monitor it displays the computers output briefly (half a second) before going blank. I

Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, Whenever I turn on my monitor it displays the computers output briefly (half a second) before going blank. I have tried the monitor on two other computers with the same result so it is definetaly not a computer problem. The power light on the front of the monitor stays green when the screen goes blank. Whenever I turn the power off and back on again the exact same thing happens.

Please help.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion...hp?t29921.html

Old 03-15-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

i don't think that site helps, my computer and laptop both detect the monitor and the light is on, it just it keeps going to a blank screen. when i change a setting it comes back on for like 2 secs and goes back off. please help
Old 03-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Does the computer in question work with another monitor, and did it ever work with this zerox?
Try it in safe mode
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

yes im using this computer right now with a dell monitor, i used the xerox monitor for a yr before it did the blank screen thing out of no where.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Re; xerox xa7 19i problem

Every time I turn on my computer , monitor goes off , I've found if I unplug monitor leave for 30 seconds then plug back in it comes back on but sometimes I will have to do this 5 or 6 times before it stays on. then its ok. Is it going to be a new monitor or can anyone help with this problem
Old 06-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrider View Post
Re; xerox xa7 19i problem

Every time I turn on my computer , monitor goes off , I've found if I unplug monitor leave for 30 seconds then plug back in it comes back on but sometimes I will have to do this 5 or 6 times before it stays on. then its ok. Is it going to be a new monitor or can anyone help with this problem
Hello!

Same problem (XA7-17i) , but after time, it will be worse.
I took apart the monitor, and i realized, that 3 capacitor at the power supply panel, are "hunched" up. Usually this means they are "broken".
Before this, a i had the same problem with a dvd-player, and when i repaced the broken capacitors, the player was working again.

So if you have some courage, (and soldering iron, and srewdriver) try to replace (with the same type(capacity, and max voltage)).

I didn't replaced them yet, but if i will have some time, i would try to fix, and post the result.

If the warranty isn't expired, take back to the shop, because warranty will be void, if you disassemble that.