Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Using LCD TV as monitor, unsupported mode on screen

This is a discussion on Using LCD TV as monitor, unsupported mode on screen within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to help a relative with his problem of using a Colby 22" tv as a monitor. He was

Old 10-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm trying to help a relative with his problem of using a Colby 22" tv as a monitor. He was using it just fine until a hard drive failure. He got a new hard drive and installed Windows 7. The old drive had Vista on. Both are 32 bit versions. Computer is HP Pavilion Slimline s3700f. After the OS installation, the tv/monitor worked briefly then showed the message "unsupported mode" on the screen. He then hooked up a 19" Coby tv for the monitor and it worked perfectly. And, after he had the 19" hooked up, he then unhooked that one and hooked up the 22" and it worked. But, when he restarted the computer, he got the message "unsupported mode". It works in safe mode though. He changed the resolution from there to 1024x768 and it didn't work. Then changed it to 800x600 which also did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

check the manaual for what resolution the tv supports

a lot only run at this

1360x768

Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, I forwarded your reply to him so he can try it.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search