Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Unsure how to use old speakers on new pc tower...

This is a discussion on Unsure how to use old speakers on new pc tower... within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys im trying to use some old speakers on my new tower but the speakers im trying to use

Old 10-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys im trying to use some old speakers on my new tower but the speakers im trying to use , instead of being a plug straight into mains power, it actualy plugs into her OLD TOWER...

now my PC Tower doesnt support this adapter, and my previous speakers just plugged into the mains and into the audio part of the back of my tower...

Im pretty sure you guys will have a simple answer..

Im hoping i can buy an adapter that converts the speakers old adapter into USB or something ?

thanks...

(the old tower was a packard bell )

On the speakers it says the following :

Multimedia speaker kit 6969290000
output power : 3W/ch (THD@10%)
Speaker 2"(50mm) Mag Shielded
Frequency Response 120Hz- 18 KHZ
Power Supply 12VDC 1.0A

dunno if you need that info...cheers

Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

What type of plug is on the speakers?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

I've not seen any speakers, especially OEM hardware (ie: HP, Dell, etc.) that didn't connect to the sound card output using standard 3.5mm jacks.

A picture or maybe the old "tower" model information would be helpful.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switch between two sets of 5.1 speakers
Hi :) I have the following setup: 5.1 Speakers-------Computer--------AV Receiver-------5.1 Home Theatre Speakers So I have one set of 5.1 Speakers connected directly to the computer. I also have connections going from my computer to the AV Receiver for the 5.1 Home Theatre...
Mandragora Sound Cards 9 09-12-2011 05:25 PM
[SOLVED] Siig Soundwave 5.1 not working with Logitech X 530 Speakers
As the title implies, my Siig Soundwave 5.1 sound card (model # IC-510012-S2) is not working with new Logitech X 530 speakers. The speakers have been tested, and all of the speakers (or satellites) work individually, along with the subwoofer. I have Windows 7, and all of this sound-testing has...
oblysk Sound Cards 1 07-29-2011 10:28 PM
Having an issue with my driver side speakers
Hi, as the title says I'm having an issue getting my driver side speakers to work properly. The problem seems to be related to the dashboard lights because the driver side speakers cut out as soon as I turn the dashboard lights on. The passenger speakers work fine 100% of the time. I...
Pentar Car Audio and Alarms 0 04-03-2011 09:08 AM
Looking for a decent gaming tower.
I would prefer a full tower for easy installation of parts and superior cooling, but I'm open to mid-towers as long as they're still roomy and have good cooling. I do not plan on doing any OCing however, so cooling is only so much of an issue. I have a few that I've chosen thus far, and wanted a...
Raphaell Cases and Cooling 2 03-31-2011 01:59 PM
Need help selecting a budget friendly gaming tower.
I would prefer a full tower for easy installation of parts and superior cooling, but I'm open to mid-towers as long as they're still roomy and have good cooling. I do not plan on doing any OCing however, so cooling is only so much of an issue. I have a few that I've chosen thus far, and wanted a...
Raphaell Building 10 03-18-2011 06:30 AM