Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

stupid monitor problem

This is a discussion on stupid monitor problem within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently formatted my hard drive and went from using xp to installing windows 2000... my problem is that

Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I recently formatted my hard drive and went from using xp to installing windows 2000... my problem is that my screen is shifted horizontally to the left, so the first half of the start menu button etc is cut off. Where most people would press buttons on their monitor to alter the X and Y position of the screen.. I dont have those buttons. just contrast and brightness (and ive messed around with those to no end). I realised that the screen is more centered (but not perfect) in the resolutions below and above 800x600... but when i use 800x600 it's terrible but i wanna use that res. I know that sounds picky but the way i see it is, its a stupid problem, there must be an answer, so theres no reason why one should settle for it being so bad is there?

Anyway, hope someone can help
thnx
E

Old 01-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Idea

It would help to know the monitor model number ?

There is normally some way of adjusting them, some hide the buttons behind a panel, others tuck them under the front so you can't see them, some use a single button to go into the menu and another to exit, and toggling with them gets to different features etc, I suspect some may be adjusted via software, but couldn't swear to it, but it wouldn't surprise me, but if people know your model number they may be able to offer more specific advice, hope this helps a bit.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Also, what graphics card and driver version are you using?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

don't you have a menu button on the monitor,it may be underneath on the front
you should be able to centre it from the settings in the properties setup of the video card