Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Windows XP not detecting ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter

16K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Magical-Trever 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Tech Support Forum.

A few months a go I got a PC and so I bought this ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter so I can connect to the Internet wireless. The OS for this PC is Windows 7 and the USB Network adapter works fine.

Since I am a gamer, I want to switch the Wireless over to my other PC (Windows XP) and connect the router locally.

Whenever I try to connect the USB network adapter on to my Windows XP it wont recognize it as a Network adapter.

I am using a ASUS N13 802.11n usb wireless adapter by the way.

See less See more
#8 ·
Re: Windows XP not detecting ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter

code 10 is typically driver related.

If the device came with a CD, try the driver on the CD. You could also check the manufacturers website for an updated driver.

You may also want to ensure XP is up to date. Some drivers only work with specific versions...typically the lastest service pack.

#9 ·

Some wireless devices require the software to be installed prior to installing the device.
That info should have been included with the device.

#10 ·

Some wireless devices require the software to be installed prior to installing the device.
That info should have been included with the device.
So what does that mean.

And also I can't find the CD for my USB-N13 but I don't even remember needing to use one for my Windows 7.

#13 ·

I went to Downloads >> Windows XP >> Utlities >> Version 4.3.0.6
This is not your driver.

I check out the Wireless >> Version 3.1.0.0 but I didn't know what to do with the files.
Unzip the file. Right click your adapter in Device Manager and choose reinstall driver. When Windows asks, point it to the correct folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.