Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

[SOLVED] Wacom Intuos3 - can't find settings

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Wacom Intuos3 - can't find settings within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My parents just gave me the Wacom Intuos3 tablet for a birthday present. They bought it used/like new condition. The

Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Location: From America, used to live in Indonesia, am currently in Singapore
OS: Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2) / Linux Ubuntu (Lucid Lynx)

Question

My parents just gave me the Wacom Intuos3 tablet for a birthday present. They bought it used/like new condition. The seller said he'd used it for all of five minutes, only bought it because it came as part of a promo deal for a piece of software he wanted. I followed the instructions for installing the driver. And the tablet apparently works, but I cannot find the tablet settings *anywhere*, nor does it show up as being installed in Add/Remove Programs. I downloaded the latest driver from the website, and tried installing that - and got nothing. I'm at a total loss of what to do. I tried googling for help... but came up with nothing. I used Everything, and did a search of my computer - and came up with some files in C/***/Local Settings/Temp. But that's not where they're supposed to be, right? I was really looking forward to using the tablet tonight... :( Any suggestions?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Drivers typically don't show up in Add and Remove programs, only software. I would expect there to be something in Control Panel, but I'm not sure as I have no need nor have never used a tablet.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

The instructions said that after installing what it called the driver, there would be an entry in the Start Menu (All Programs) to access the tablet settings, so I thought it'd show up in Add/Remove Programs as well, maybe I was mistaken. But either way, it isn't showing up in the Start menu.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Ok, so, I feel like an idiot.

Before, when I'd been trying to install the driver, I'd disabled my antivirus like I was told to, and even disabled my firewall for good measure... Today, I did my routine check of the firewall log, and noticed a couple entries in the "Defense" portion referencing sandboxing a couple installers. I checked, and sure enough, it had sandboxed the driver installation. So I moved the files to "safe files", shut down the firewall, and tried running the installation again, and it worked. The settings programs showed up in Start/All Programs like it was supposed to, the tablet started mapping the screen instead of being a giant touchpad... and everything works fine! What I don't get is why I didn't get any alerts that something was being sandboxed... *confused*