Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

[SOLVED] Turtle beach HDMI no sound

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Turtle beach HDMI no sound within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi there I have currently just bought a new pc and having a few problems with my turtle beach x12

Old 07-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi there I have currently just bought a new pc and having a few problems with my turtle beach x12 gaming headset.

On my previous pc it only supported VGA and my turtle beach worked a treat.

However, now that this pc supports HDMI I want to use this feature, however my turtle beach wont transmit sound through the headset, just through the HDMI itself. The mic works perfectly may I add.

I put a VGA cable in to test and my turtle beach work perfectly but I really want to use the HDMI

I am running windows 8 and my pc wont pick up that the audio jack is even plugged in.

Any tips or diagnostic would be amazing, thanks a bunch, Nathan.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Windows will only output audio from a single device. So you have to decide which you want to use.

I don't really see the issue. If you want to output to speakers, use HDMI. If you are using the headset, switch to the headset. You simply need to change the default output device in the sound setup.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
turtle beach x12 still plays sound through tv help
ok i have an xbox with hdmi plugged in and the cables are all plugged in right. I have the adapter plugged in to the audio out. Before you say turn down your tv or mute it that wont work. It mutes and turns down my turtle beaches as well. Please help.
unholywar23 Console Gaming Support 1 01-29-2012 02:44 PM
No sound coming from HDMI connected LCD TV
Specs first - Nvidia GeForce 260 Golden Sample - Intel Dual Core E6750 2,7 GHz - 3 gig RAM - MotherBoard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7360 (CPU 1) So i got my pc hooked up via HDMI to my LG TV (1920x1080@60Hz) Now i'm getting a perfect picture but absolutely no audio. Most people...
Lewx Sound Cards 5 12-22-2011 06:35 PM
HDMI no sound from tv
Hi, I plugged in the HDMI, but I can't get the sound to come out of the tv. I used to be able to do that but I don't know why it won't work all of a sudden. The sound only comes out of the laptop. When I plug in a sound jack from the laptop to the tv like I do for an avi cable, it has no sounds...
dat1 Sound Cards 1 08-08-2011 05:09 PM
HDMI ouput DVI input no sound
Hi, i'm using a ATI Radeon 4650, and i'm using a HDMI-DVI connector to connect my pc t my 42" LCD TV. The thing is, i'm not getting any sound out of it, on the playback devices, the ATI HDMI audio output appears to be disconnected, but otherwise, ifit was, i wouldn't be able to get any video,...
CJLopez Video Card Support 2 01-10-2011 08:05 AM