Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

[SOLVED] Can't clone display to other monitor

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Can't clone display to other monitor within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I used to be able to clone my laptop to both my projector and my 2nd monitor. Now, when I

Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

I used to be able to clone my laptop to both my projector and my 2nd monitor. Now, when I click on fn f4 I can only view my display on either my laptop or the monitor - not both. I have tried everything and cannot get it to work.

Now, it also sometimes shows a blue blank screen on my 2nd monitor with my cursor moving over it -very stange - I have checked that the 'extend my windows desktop on to this monitor' is unchecked.

Please help.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Try reinstalling the video drivers.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for you help but I think I've cracked it! I found somewhere (now can't find it again) in the display settings where it gave me choices to tick ie; clone, extend display across 2 monitors.

It was so hard to find that no wonder I had trouble. There was no help in the HP user guide and now I can't find it again.

BUT - it works.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monitor display problem
Whilst using my computer the monitor image suddenly disappeared. After ensuring the cable both to the monitor and the computer were secure, I rebooted a couple of times but this didn't resolve the problem. By turning the monitor off and back on again, the image appears for a second, or so,...
The Boy David Other Hardware Support 3 07-12-2011 10:55 AM
[SOLVED] Rootkit problem: hidden boot sector.
Dearest Techies: I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron N7010 Notebook. A few days ago the computer would not start and took me to the windows 7 startup repair utility, and it was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. I ended up having to restore the system to factory settings to get...
Raygumm Resolved HJT Threads 60 07-03-2011 09:07 PM
Dual Monitor display problem
Hey All, I have recently put together a dual monitro setup for my desktop computer. Both monitors are identical 22 inchers. I am running Windows XP pro and I believe the graphics card is an ATI Radeon 4650 or an ATI Radeon 6450.. I have one monitor hooked up by DVI, and one monitor hooked...
Aunnix Windows XP Support 2 05-20-2011 06:00 AM
External Monitor: Can't get full resolution option *very strange details inside*
Hello all, Thank you for viewing this post. I have searched the Internet far and wide for a means to solve this problem, but as I try new things, some weird occurances are happening that don't seem to make any sense. First of all, I am using a Kohjinsha SX series notebook (Japan market)...
jtrebel Other Hardware Support 7 03-30-2011 09:39 PM
[SOLVED] Have lost DVI-D signal to monitor
I have my PC connected via DVI/HDMI adapter to my TV and via DVI-D cable to my monitor and everything has worked hunky dory thus far. The other day I was running the PC GFX to the TV watching a movie and decided to unplug the monitor power cable to free up a power socket. When I plugged it...
Randall Flagg Other Hardware Support 11 03-24-2011 04:19 PM