Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

[SOLVED] AMD Graphics Driver repeated crash

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] AMD Graphics Driver repeated crash within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, restored system, removed all magic ISO stuff, created new system restore point and now i'm turning verifier back on,

Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
Registered Member

Ok, restored system, removed all magic ISO stuff, created new system restore point and now i'm turning verifier back on, i'll post if I get another bluescreen, or if nothing happens after a day or so

Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
Registered Member

Okay, since then the PC crashed once during a game, it made the reverberating audio that BSOD usually makes, but the screen was just blank, and no minidump was made. This is the same error I usually have.

After that no crashes so far, even played a game for around 3/4 an hour with no problems (although at 10fps motherboard graphics of course)

Should I turn the verifier off and try it again when my GPU comes back from RMA? It seems to be affecting my computer speed

Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #23
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Yes turn verifier off now.
Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #24
Registered Member

Okay, my graphics card has come back, and i've installed it and all the drivers, but the same problem is occurring: The screen freezes with the sound still playing after a while of gameplay

I'll try running verifier again and seeing if I get a bluescreen
Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
Registered Member

Seems to be working fine now, no crashes in 3 days, I guess the updated drivers fixed the problem, thankyou for all your help everyone =)
Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #26
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Great why not mark this solved in the first post under "Thread Tools" in the first post.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
Registered Member