Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

[SOLVED] Acer 1916W Monitor Screen Resolution Disappeared

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Acer 1916W Monitor Screen Resolution Disappeared within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We are using 4 of these monitors in my office on Dell Latitude D430 laptops each an Intel Express Chipset

Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

We are using 4 of these monitors in my office on Dell Latitude D430 laptops each an Intel Express Chipset 945 GM Graphics Card. The monitors had been working perfectly for about a month - the resolution was found automatically, appeared in graphics options and we had no problems. Then suddenly we switched on the laptops one day and the 1440 x 900 resolution had disappeared from the graphics options. The monitors now display the incorrect resolution. I have tried everything I can think of to bring back the correct resolution. I've tried downloading the most up to date graphics driver, chipset driver and BIOS from the Dell website, downloading new 1916W drivers from the ACER website - nothing has worked. Acer maintain its a software issue and won't exchange the monitors, our IT tech guys say it's an issue with the hardware and I am stuck in the middle! Can anyone offer any solutions? I don't know where the resolution has disappeared to! Could a Windows Update be the issue?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Registered Member

Wink

I'm so Happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I restarted the system, mean while I have deactivated DDC / CI from Monitors' Settings Menu, then un-pluged My Monitor from CPU, and when I restarted the OS and pluged the Monitor I found the resolution 1440 x 900. Great Work,

I called Acer Service Center too, but they couldn't do anything, just booked my complaint, lets hope they will come to see the problem, that was solved my mirceaGuru :-D

Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

I restarted the system, mean while I have deactivated DDC / CI from Monitors' Settings Menu, then un-pluged My Monitor from CPU, and when I restarted the OS and pluged the Monitor I found the resolution 1440 x 900. Great Work,

I called Acer Service Center too, but they couldn't do anything, just booked my complaint, lets hope they will come to see the problem, that was solved my mirceaGuru :-D