Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Samsung Monitor settings LOCKED!

This is a discussion on Samsung Monitor settings LOCKED! within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I've had my Samsung SyncMaster 940B for a while now and it's worked fine, but my digital cable broke

Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hey, I've had my Samsung SyncMaster 940B for a while now and it's worked fine, but my digital cable broke and I had to switch to analog, but now I cant change any of the screen settings besides Contrast and Brightness, Color, Image, OSD, and Setup are all locked which really makes no sense to me... (OSD=on sceen display, the thing that pops up when you hit menu on the monitor itself.

I'm unable to change:
Sharpness
Screen Position
Screen Geometry
Color
Gamma
Auto configure
Reset
or edit anything that has to do with the OSD, however the osd transparency, and position stays the same way that I put it before it stopped working (Which is weird, if analog doesn't support that... which would be really stupid... wouldn't it return to default?)

I've tried looking on google, un pluging it and plugging it back in, installing drivers and color... thingys... lol, but nothing is working :'( *emo tear*

Please Help!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

"To unlock locked Samsung LCD Monitor child lock - hold MENU BUTTON for 5 SECONDS:"

Hi ChrisXPZ,

I was googling the same problem when I came upon your post. (Almost two years too late, I have a solution for you).

Apparently ALL SAMSUNG LCD Monitors have a "child lock" feature.

To activate or de-activate this feature,
hold down the "MENU BUTTON" on the front panel of the Samsung LCD Monitor for "5 SECONDS".