Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Projector > receiver > bluray = no signal

This is a discussion on Projector > receiver > bluray = no signal within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

New to this site, not sure where to post or if this si even relevant here but thought someone might have an idea that would help me...

I have a ESP200AU connected via HDMI to a Yamaha receiver via HDMI to a LG Blue Ray Player - all brand new.
All has been working fine since purchase 2 months ago (though the hdmi projector connection is quite touchy and loses signal easily).
We went to turn it on the other night, same as always and the projector display said no signal (usually when it does this we just fiddle with the hdmi and it comes back on - but this time, no good).
I have moved the BD and AVR so they are near the projector, tested a number of HDMI cables and lengths (all working fine in all different arrangements with my other tv) - still no signal with the proj.
If I plug the BD directly into the proj, the start up screen comes on, then when it should go to the main menu, it goes back to no signal.
Can't get my laptop display to go onto the proj at all - which I used to be able to do (directly or via AVR) – the same scenario works using my tv as the display.
The normal BD > AVR > Proj setup works fine with component cables. What could be the problem?

Also, the AC adaptor blew so I am waiting on a new one before I can troubleshoot further.
I was thinking it must be the hdmi ports somewhere but considering both the proj and receiver work in different setups, I guess that not it. From the bit of research I've done, maybe a resolution issue??
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Amanda

Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

The "touchy" hdmi port that you have been dealing with all this time has likely failed. If it's under warranty, have it serviced or replaced.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

So it could still be the HDMI port on the projector even though the direct bluray hdmi connection to projector is working on start up?

Thanks for you reply - it is under warranty
Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

It's the only thing that makes sense. If the port were working properly, it should be recognizing all of the hardware...or at least more than just the Blu-Ray player menu. But even the Blu-Ray player doesn't work properly (unless I misread).

But yes, just based on the fact that jiggling the cable fixes (or used to anyway) the problem, I'd have it serviced. After it's connected, it should always work.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote