Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Printer printing in backwards order

This is a discussion on Printer printing in backwards order within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP Deskjet 5100. For some reason ONLY when I print off my laptop the pages come out

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP Deskjet 5100. For some reason ONLY when I print off my laptop the pages come out in reverse order (page 3 prints first then 2, then 1). It's really messing me up when I want to print on both sides because it will print in a backwards order and the ordering of my pages is messed up. I have no problems like this when I print off my desktop.

If it matters my desktop is running WIN ME and my laptop is running XP but I don't think that should matter.

I've looked at printer settings and there doesn't seem to be anything for ordering of printing.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi, have you checked in printer preferences/features for the box down the bottom which says 'start printing from last page'. This box should not be ticked on your laptop preferences.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

having same problem with HP PSC 750 printer---no page in printer pref. that ready start printing from last page---also this is happening when printing from HP Pavillion desktop running XP
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

look in the printer setup in windows for the preferences,i always set mine to reverse order when you are printing off a 200 page manual it a pain to after reverse all the pages afterwards