Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plugged in microphone very weak

911 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
My computer is an old Dell Inspiron 1520 running Windows 7 32 bit. Recently i broke my screen by accident. After this my laptop's screen has been replaced with a new one. I've noticed one thing that my built in microphone and web-cam isn't working anymore. So i've got a new headphones with microphone for 20 Euros. I've plugged in the headphones with mic correctly. Headphones are working just fine, but my mic is very very weak (If I speak normally, my mic is not recognizing my voice, but i speak very loudly, the voice isn't loud, but it's normal. It recognizes as Line In. I've tried everything, but nothing helped. I've borrowed my friend's microphone. I've connected it, but it's still very very weak. I've tried to connect that mic to my mom's computer. It worked just fine, the computer recognizes as Microphone, but on my laptop it recognizes as Line In. Please help me. :ermm:

#2 ·
"Line-In" typically relates to the port. Some PC's have an actual "mic" input and a "line-in". They should both function the same.

In any case, this is typically a function of the audio drivers. There may also be an option within the audio config to adjust the input volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.