Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help! Monitor possibly dying?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  oscer1 
#1 ·
Hello

I've had an Acer x223w LCD monitor for a couple years now. Ever since a power outage in my home a few days ago, it's been struggling to come on. When I power up my computer, the monitor doesn't come on right away and the power button with a blue light in it blinks. After a minute or two of leaving my computer on, the monitor does come on but only for a couple seconds and the screen is gray with some very thin black lines. Leaving the computer on further, a gray screen comes and goes a few more times before finally showing my desktop, but the resolution is different (smaller). At that point, I restart my computer and the monitor powers on and off a few more times, this time showing the Acer logo, no gray screen, and then begins working correctly with the correct resolution. And there's no problems with it after it runs correctly. I'm using it to post this message and am scared to turn my computer off now :sigh: Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
OK, I tested the monitor on my laptop last night and had the same problem, so it has to be the monitor. Every time the blue light comes on, it's the monitor powering on, but it quickly turns off, then tries to power on again. I've left it doing this for hours now hoping it would come on like it did before but it hasn't yet :( Is there anything else I can try at home to fix this or should I just bring it in to a shop to get it inspected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.