Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Netbook, keypads & Remote Desktop

This is a discussion on Netbook, keypads & Remote Desktop within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Asus netbook running Win 7 and a Targus keypad. I would like the keypad to act as

Old 03-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an Asus netbook running Win 7 and a Targus keypad.

I would like the keypad to act as an extended keyboard when I am using remote desktop.

Currently the keypad works as you would expect under regular use, (not in RDP). When using RDP, the keypad reverts to acting like num-lock is off. If I turn num-lock on the keypad works, but the keyboard does not since the number pad within the keypad is activated.

I am looking for a way for the remote computer to keep numlock on while the netbook numlock is off.

Has anyone resolved this issue?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
remote desktop not working from outside of network
So i'm trying to set up remote desktop connection for my desktop at (xp pro, sp2). I've went through all the steps: - allowed users to connect remotely (system properties) - added to firewall exceptions - opened up port 3389 I've disabled firewall and virus protection for now as well to...
dckster Networking Support 10 07-07-2012 11:27 AM
Server 2003: Remote Desktop error "access denied"
I am trying to Remote Desktop into a Windows 2003 Server. This server is not the domain controller. It does not have Terminal Services licenses for it but instead is set for "Remote desktop for administration". We are able to get to the log in screen if we use the public IP outside of our network...
Eclipse2003 Windows Servers 1 03-18-2011 09:20 AM
Remote Desktop Slow
So I've had a slow remote desktop problem for a long time now. What happens is I am able to connect, but it basically freezes every 5 seconds for 5-10 seconds, completely unusable. When the computer was on XP, I didn't have the problem, but after I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate, I've had issues. ...
Ryan2065 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 02-23-2011 03:21 PM
Can't connect using Remote Desktop
Not sure where to post this but I've been having a problem connecting to the office server from one of my laptops. This problem has only occurred on this one laptop, meanwhile every other computer I have has been able to successfully connect when I tested them out so I think there's something...
whatismy Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 01-15-2011 02:18 PM
Decimal Key Closes Remote Desktop
Hello all. I've looked all over the net for an answer to this but have yet to find a solution. I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3 to connect to a remote desktop. When I hit my decimal key it closes my remote desktop connection. I changed the settings to disable my screen saver on my computers...
fast_forward Other Hardware Support 0 01-10-2011 04:14 AM