Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorex Eco Blackbox3 LH030 Help

2K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  WereBo 
#1 ·
Hard drive in it died.
O replaced the old one but need to know how to install the software that was on it? I also need to know what to download and install.
I downloaded what I thought I needed but in the manual where it tells you how to replace hard drive it generally says download and install software from their site.

Thanks for anyones help,

Paul

#2 ·
Hi wwaaggs and welcome to TSF :wave:

I must admit that's amongst the most unhelpful manuals I've ever seen :lol: - Having said that though, it's possible that the unit's software is hard-written on a chip in the unit and formatting the new hard-drive will also write what's necessary to the drive.

Have you tried formatting the new drive (p. 24 in the online manual) and does the recorder work as it is, with the new HDD fitted?

#3 ·
I am trying to get it working for a friend at work, I didnt get the remote and the manual has pics and options I do not have, I do not see them as of yet anyways. I put in a drive I formatted on my PC and then turned it on. I will check out page 24 and see if it helps me. The page for the cameras comes up but I dont have a camera to hook to it. I just want to get the software back on it and can return the the owner.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Paul

#4 ·
The online manual can be found here (Link), the entry on how to format the new drive is article 24/3, or p. 151 of 172.

The fact that the manual shows how to format a new drive from within the recorder suggests the Operating System is hard-coded into the recorder, the hard-drive is purely for recording whatever's fed into it :wink:

If the recorder can format the drive, then that should be all that's needed (he said with fingers crossed :lol:)

#5 ·
Ok, thanks. That is what I thought too but I dont see that screen with the option to format the hard drive. It doesnt give me a cursor or anything to right click like it says. When I get home today I will see how it goes. Maybe I need to shut it down and let it fire up again.

#7 ·
Well I fired it back up and had the menus all there, but, it would not see a hard drive. Whatever had happened inside this recorder, I dont know. It was like glue or something on the connections, to and from the hdd. When I took the cable off to clean it, it broke the sata plastic on the board. I tried to use it still but the connections are stuck together. I was hoping he could use the USB for a drive but couldnt find where that goes.

#8 ·
My 'pet hate' is glued connections :grin:

If the 'glue' feels rubbery (i.e. silicon based), you could try waving a hair-dryer on a hot setting around the connection to soften/loosen the adhesive, while using a small, narrow blade to ease it away from the surfaces. Heat can also soften some (but not all) 'hard' adhesives too :wink:

Have you looked around the various menu options, to see if there's anything related to formatting the hard-drive?

#9 ·
Yes but I cannot get the hard drive connected to the mobo. The sata with power works but the data cable broke off when I removed it so it is impossible to get out of the end of the data cable. Was hoping to use USB to send video too but it is only for updating it says. I can format the drive with the option but it doesnt see any drive. I can format the USB, it sees that but there is no option to send the recording to it.

#10 ·
Do you mean where the SATA cable attaches to the drive, or the motherboard?

If the connector is identical a both ends, you can get replacement SATA cables for a few $$$/£££ - If the socket on the motherboard is damaged, there's not much hope of a home-repair unless you have good soldering-skills (and a fine-tipped soldering-iron) to replace the socket :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.