Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernal power error event 41 task 63

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Stancestans 
#1 ·
Hey guys ive tried trobule shooting it my self for weeks putting up with random shut downs but i thought i had fixed it because it stoped for a few days then started again
When im powering up my pc it does atleast 1 full restart in mornings, sometimes itll do it 10 times in a row (Kernal power error event 41 task 63)
Ive read a bunch of trobule shoots and have tried them, The pc is a Pc i made basically for gaming
I should know this i do ict at tafe lol
Heres the error code thanks to anyone that helps :blush::dance:
Pls help - dane

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 21/11/2015 2:37:27 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: dk-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-21T03:37:27.108803100Z" />
<EventRecordID>34925</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Dane-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

See less See more
#4 ·
hey jim so ive made sure it wasnt a driver issue because when i was researched it i found it may be a driver issue, wich it isnt because there all up to date, ive checked my cabling and everything seems to be in order, i have checked my power supply connections, my sepcs are MSI B85M-E45 Motherboard eagate Barracuda 2TB harddrive, a Corsair CS750M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply, Corsair Carbide 100R Mid Tower Case with Window, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB 2.5in SSD Intel Core i5 4690K EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0+ 4GB, LG 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM and a BenQ 24in LED Gaming Monito.

sometimes it will be when it boots up like yesterday it did it all day nearly 30 times in the past 24 hours buy 44 in the past week, usually if it doesnt do it when it boots up or half a hour after itll be fine for the whole day, every once and a while it will do it while im gaming, could it be from an unactivated windows 7?

Any recommendations?

#3 ·
Gday jim thanks for the reply, its my last week of my course so ive just been doing cisco scrpits on my laptop everyday and work health and safety **** so i dont really have the time(not trying to sound like pretentious but i literally go to my place of education go to work come home and do scripts all night i should worked constantly but i left it all to the end) to post these at the moment but in a week when im done ill post all of these thanks for the help :)

#5 ·
A system error, aka BSOD, could be causing the reboots. First disable automatic reboot on system failure then filter your System event logs to display errors for a given period of time. For example; if the described reboot(s) occurred within the last 12 hours, then filter the log for errors in the last 12 hours. This will significantly reduce the size of the saved/exported logs. After applying the filter, save the filtered log with a descriptive name such as "syslog err 12hr" and attach it in your next reply so we can have a look too. If it's confirmed that a BSOD is responsible for the reboots, we'll advice appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.