Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

JVC Everio HD Hardisk Camcorder - help!!

This is a discussion on JVC Everio HD Hardisk Camcorder - help!! within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Everyone, I have taken some important footage of a family members wedding, with my JVC Everio HD hardisk camcorder.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

I have taken some important footage of a family members wedding, with my JVC Everio HD hardisk camcorder.

I have imported all the the files into the Cyberlink Power Director Express Software that came with the camcorder.

The problem i have encountered is that two of the files have come in corrupted! and they will not open, these are important files!

the error i get is: An error occured when opening this media file in the library! C:\Documents and settings\Owner\My Documents\Mov352.mpg

The weird thing is that i can actually see them on the camera itself.. and they play as thumbnails.. But they wont open in the software! i have converted them into .avi and .mpg and still no joy.. (I get another error when i try to open these files!)

The other problem i have is that i have a clip of about 5 mins long and only 1min of this clip is coming in to the software, even tho i can view it all in the camera!

It wont allow me to backup the files from the camera again as i have already backed them up!

Has anyone any advice for me? I don't know how to tell the bride that some of the footage is gone!! :(

Any help greatly appreciated! :)

Old 03-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

I'm not familiar with that software. But you typically have the option of "copying" or "transferring" files to the PC as needed (as many times as you like).

If they are working on the camera but not the PC, then most likely the files are being corrupted somehow during the transfer.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Moderator, Design Team

My System

Have you tried bypassing the software that comes with the camera - this article explains how.
zuluclayman is offline   Reply With Quote