Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Ghostly Mouse Moves Itself (Resolved)

This is a discussion on Ghostly Mouse Moves Itself (Resolved) within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an IMB laptop that works fine but the mouse cursor is uncontrollable it moves by itself. It works

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an IMB laptop that works fine but the mouse cursor is uncontrollable it moves by itself. It works if I attach a PS2 mouse, otherwise I can't use it. I also reinstalled the driver with no change. Anyone know of a solution.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via ICQ to V0lt

Is this a touchpad or one of those little 'accupoint' devices?

I had one of those little accupoint buttons on a Dell, and it went all crazy like yours seems to, so I had to snip the ribbon for it and use the touchpad instead.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

I think of it as a joystick type thing in the keyboard. I think it can be disabled in bios
Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

I disabled it in the Bios; which is a very wierd process. Thanks

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mouse cursor moves by itself! Virus?
Win2000 SP4 Dell Laptop Mouse cursor moves by itself on screen! Ran Norton Anti-virus. None detected. Could it be due to the fact that my daughter downloaded the latest version of AOL Instant Messenger and some "crap" along with it? Please help! Thank you! dtiab at yahoo.com edit:...
nhs Windows Servers 20 03-17-2010 09:53 AM
Missing Mouse Pointer
Okay, I'll start off with what seems to be the more simple problem. The mouse pointer (the white arrow) randomly disappears. I can still navigate around my computer, but I have a hard time locating where the mouse pointer is - I have to keep hitting the Ctrl key to target where the mouse is. ...
sLynx Windows XP Support 2 09-12-2006 10:09 AM
windows mouse sensitivity...
I wasnt sure whether to post this in the games forum or the windows xp forum, but considering the "problem" extends past gaming and into windows desktop, I am assuming it is a windows thing. I am a somewhat competitive gamer so mouse "feel" is just as important to me as actual mouse sensitivity,...
JeepJ10 Windows XP Support 3 08-25-2006 11:37 AM
I'm having trouble assigning buttons to my Razor Copperhead Mouse
My OS is WinXP. I use a Razor Copperhead mouse, but I’m having problems assigning buttons. I used to use Microsoft IntelliMouse. My Story & Problem: I've been using Microsoft IntelliMouse, one of my buttons on that mouse was set to "Show\Hide Desktop", which minimizes all windows and any...
StationPayne Other Hardware Support 2 07-04-2006 02:30 PM
Mouse moves 2pxls per move.
I bought a new Razer mouse and just to see I installed drivers for it on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and noticed that every time I move the mouse it moved 2 pixels. I am using a new mouse and have uninstalled the Razer drivers but the problem persists. Now normally this isn't the biggest problem,...
KageOni Other Hardware Support 3 06-13-2006 12:38 AM