Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Ethernet port repair [RESOLVED]

This is a discussion on Ethernet port repair [RESOLVED] within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Not entirely sure where this should be posted but I think this is the right place. Okay so my Ethernet

Old 06-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Not entirely sure where this should be posted but I think this is the right place.
Okay so my Ethernet port stopped working today out of the blue. I unplugged the cable and to my suprise some of the pins moved housings. I have two pins in one housing, three in another, one in a housing over from where it should be but alone and one in the correct housing.
So the question is how should I go about moving these pins back to where they should be?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Haha, so actually I just fixed it by using a wooden kebab to push the pins down and then over to the right spot. Had to stop using the eternet cable I was using and switch to one that was less tall and more wide(don't know the technical names for these) because the one I was using kept messing the pins up again.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
overclocking possibilities
hi, i have a 1.5ghz p4 and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much i could overclock it safely and how? thanx Lem02
lem02 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 12 12-11-2009 04:30 AM
98SE drivers wont work AC97 sound [RESOLVED]
Hi i have installed 98SE And don't have the computers sound drivers so i found the driver i needed off Driver guide.net and got the AC'97 drivers for 98 and now the sound still wont work. but it says its installed. Only the CD player has sound working nothing else?? please help thanks
Douglasfermie Win 98 & ME Support 15 05-02-2007 02:59 AM
RESOLVED No Connection Detected
i just reformatted a laptop i have with an older windows xp version. its XP home edition 5.1, build 2600. i have the ethernet cable plugged into the back, and a wireless internet card but the computer isnt detecting a broadband connection. any idea what may be wrong? thanks dan
Kilroy Networking Support 34 04-10-2007 03:00 PM
corrupt hd?
It was recommended to me by Amateur in the HJT forum to come here and see what can be done about my hard drive, which he suspected was corrupt. when I run a check disc in the command prompt forum there are problems found in the file system. but it doesn't seem to fix them when I prompt it to. ...
dancingbird Hard Drive Support 23 03-21-2007 03:33 PM
Does not recognise some DVDs?
Hello all, Could someone please help? I've just fitted a new DVD-RW and immediately began using Nero 7 Premium to burn a DVD. I'd previously tried out the player with about 3 DVDs. The first two played fine but the third seemed to get stuck midway through playing. I know that the drive plays...
Ibsen3 Removable Media Drives 34 03-29-2006 09:50 AM