Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Emachines E627 Damaged USB Sockets

This is a discussion on Emachines E627 Damaged USB Sockets within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am trying to obtain replacement sockets for two damaged USB sockets on an Emachines E627 laptop but without

Old 02-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi,

I am trying to obtain replacement sockets for two damaged USB sockets on an Emachines E627 laptop but without any success. I am in the UK and I wondered if anyone knows where I could obtain them.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
CCT
Helper

If you look through this service manual you'll see they are part of the mobo - probably can be replaced but it's a BIG job -> http://tim.id.au/laptops/acer/emachines%20e627.pdf

Old 02-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, but I have the manual and it's not that difficult to replace the sockets.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #4
CCT
Helper

Then try Maplin-UK or just go to a computer shop and ask for an old mobo and recover them.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks again, I've already tried Maplin but they only stock the standard size type A USB socket, these only have a length of 0.9mm and have 4 locating pins as opposed to two on a standard socket. I will however try your suggestion about old mobo's from computer shops.

Thanks for your suggestions.