Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Dvd Issues please help.

This is a discussion on Dvd Issues please help. within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello i recently hooked up tower to a HD Technika TV using a hdmi cable , and all seemed fine

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello i recently hooked up tower to a HD Technika TV using a hdmi cable, and all seemed fine i could play video's on youtube and all my games, however when i play a DVD it does not like this at all the screens goes static and makes the static noise then goes black, i have tried using several media players but i have had no luck i dont understand why it wont play any idea's guys thanks ;)

Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

Pc - Custom Built
Ram - 4gb DDR3
HD- 500g sata
disk drive - Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S ATA
Windows 7 Ult 64 bit
Dual core i3 3.2ghz
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 5670

Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

BUmpbbbbb
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Any other monitor attached to the PC? If so, do DVD's play back properly on that monitor?

Connection type should not matter. And if the desktop is displaying properly, DVD playback should be working as well.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
Any other monitor attached to the PC? If so, do DVD's play back properly on that monitor?

Connection type should not matter. And if the desktop is displaying properly, DVD playback should be working as well.
No it is just the TV connected to the tower via a HDMI cable there are no other monitors connected to the tower, however i should mention while i was using my desktop monitor(vga) the dvd's played perfectly fine through windows media player.

I will try and make a recording of what is happening when i play the video.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

What resolution are you using? Have you tried using a different resolution? Try a lower res (640x480 ...that's DVD resolution anyway), and see what happens.

Google is your Friend!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Ill give it a go know ;)
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Registered Member

Ok that didnt work the lowest resolution my screen supports is 1152x648,
I also appear to receive this message rather than static know - Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.
EDIT* Again its reverted back to static but ill leave that error message up if it's of any relevance.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

This sounds more like a disc/player issue, and makes more sense. Have you tried more than one movie?

Google is your Friend!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Registered Member

Yes i have tried more than one movie same thing happens and i dont think it is the disc player as like i said it works on a vga monitor.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

I didn't say "disc player". I said disc/player.

disc meaning the DVD
player meaning the media player

As it sounds as if the TV is working fine for viewing the desktop, but only not working for DVD movie playback...that would indicate the computer/cable/TV are setup and working properly.

You seem to have ruled out the disc and the media player.

There isn't any protection used for DVD playback that I've even encountered. However, based on the error you posted above, have you tried updating the video drivers? It could be a HDCP glitch between the video card and TV, but it shouldn't even be an issue for DVD playback...it should only affect Blu-Ray.

Google is your Friend!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #12
Registered Member

Once i got the error message although know it doesnt appear, i did at the time check all the relevant drivers for my video card and monitor and all appeared to up to date, and the DVD's all work on my brothers DVD player so i dont think it's them thats faulty.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Upgrade or downgrade the video drivers.

Test a different device on the same HDMI TV input.

Google is your Friend!