#1 ·
My Specs

Advent 7109B

120 GB Hard-Drive
Windows 7 Proffessional (32 bit)
Intel Celeron M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz
1.50 GB Ram
Dvd Drive (DVD + RW DL) = TSSTCorp Cd/DVDW TS/L632D

Hi there i have been trying to solve this problem for month now. My laptop works fine without my dvd drive installed, but when i try to instal the dvd drive the computer just keeps restartin when booting, the dvd drive does have power going to it as the tray opens and shuts, i have tried another dvd drive which i know is working fine and it does the same. also i have tried booting in safe mode and running registry fixers and also scanned for viruses but it still does the same. if i swith my laptop on with the dvd drive not installed then slide it in and screw it in place the laptop wont swich off and restart but the drive will not even shot up in device manager, aslo tried downloding driver for it and inserting the drive after the laptop has started but when i run the driver it says driver not found

Any help would be much appriciated as its driving me mad

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like the motherboard or connector is faulty. Hardware has to be detected by the BIOS during bootup before it can be used by Windows, so installing it after Windows is loaded won't work. The same applies to drivers, if it's not recognized by the BIOS (and
Windows), then there is no need to install drivers.

#3 ·
thanks for the quick reply.

If i switch my laptop off then insert the dvd drive, when i switch it back on and press f2 to get into the bios, it does show up so thats how i dnt think it is a connection, it also does have power goin to it because you can hear it spinning.

#5 ·
am not getting a bsod. it just goes to the bit where it says starting and the windows colour sign starts to swirl in but when the swirl starts it cuts of and restarts and it keeps doing that cycle for as long as i let it, till i remove the dvd drive again and it will start up fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.