Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Download videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-HC40E to Windows 7 PC

This is a discussion on Download videos from my Sony Handycam DCR-HC40E to Windows 7 PC within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! After upgrading my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate I tried to download some old footage from some mini DV's

Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!
After upgrading my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate I tried to download some old footage from some mini DV's using my Sony DCR-HC40E camcorder connected to my PC via a usb cable. I updated Sony's software from Picture Package to PMB, and bought Serif Movie Plus 5 to edit the video footage. Unfortunately my computer only sees the camcorder as a blank drive. I have checked that my settings on the camcorder are set to streaming for USB. These settings worked on XP as did the hardware and a previous version of Movie Plus. I have looked on Sony's support page and it says:
  • Drivers:
    • The drivers needed to connect your Sony camcorder to a computer and transfer files are already included in the operating system.
  • Not Supported:
    • The USB streaming feature is not supported with the Windows 7 operating system.
Can anybody suggest a solution short of buying a new camcorder?

Old 08-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Does the camera have a Firewire connection and would that be supported under Windows 7? Have you tried XP mode? This is an virtual machine XP installation.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
JMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi try here for drivers Sony eSupport - DCR-HC40 - Software Updates & Drivers

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 07:16 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 07:49 PM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 05:27 AM
Fake Windows Security Program has infected my computer! Please help me remove it!
i was simply browsing the web, and when I hit a link this Windows Security scanner program popped up with several different pop ups and tried telling me my computer was infected with all these particular files. I didn't subscribe to it or anything I just clicked out of it. Now, my computer...
flip25 Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 04-12-2011 12:23 PM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 08:15 PM