Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Link DCS1000 help

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MC916 
#1 ·
I have an old D-Link DCS1000 internet camera that I'd like to setup. I've reset it with the button in the back, got it connected to my router and can ping it successfully. When I try to connect to it's web interface it asks for a user name and password. I've looked at several web sites that say the default is to leave them both blank but it will not let me log in.

Any help with being able to log in and configure the camera would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Hi MC916 and welcome to TSF :wave:

Did you press and hold the reset-button for the full 3 seconds?

If you don't have the manual to set the camera up, you can download the .PDF-file from here (assuming you're in the USA), you need to click on the 'Support Resources' button, then click on the 'Product Manual' link.

#8 ·
When the Internet Camera is used for the first time it is highly recommended that the Administrator set the Admin ID and Admin Password to constrain user access to the Internet Camera since the Default settings are Null String (no password).
It might well be that both the Admin ID and Admin Password are both blank (Null String) - My DLink-router obstruction-manual was worded similarly and both entries were blank, when new.

Otherwise, it'll be case of becoming an 'apprentice-hacker' and trying whatever words seem appropriate/likely :wink:

#10 ·
I've tried blank:blank, along with many other possible combinations, without success several times. It seems apparent to me that there are more problems with this device that are worth investigating. Time to buy an new camera.

Thanks all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.