Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Keyboard Issue

This is a discussion on Coolermaster Quickfire Pro Keyboard Issue within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I just bought the Coolermaster Quickfire Pro and cannot get it to work, I read elsewhere it is a

Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, I just bought the Coolermaster Quickfire Pro and cannot get it to work, I read elsewhere it is a problem when using 990 AMD motherboards (I have the Asus M5A99X EVO AMD 990X) but could not find a solution.

Just want to know if anyone has a solution/ideas or has also had this problem?

Some information:

When I plug it in the back light will flash, windows will make a noise for finding a new dive and just say device not recognized in a loop until I unplug it.

It works fine plugging it into my friends Intel board.
My drivers are up to date.
The ports aren't broken.
I've tried it in both USB 2 and 3 ports and restarted each time.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

If it's a known issue, then you are out of luck until AMD or Coolermaster release a fix.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ye, it was just one post from someone though we a reply saying "it can be tricky with fx boards", can't find anything else of anyone having the same problem, but sending it back anyway.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixing Keyboard Issue With Repair Install
I have a problem with my keyboard where it doesn't work once Windows has loaded. I have looked around, and it seems the only way to fix it is with a repair install of XP, but I don't have the original CD. I blieve that I could get another XP cd and use that with my XP key, but I have a couple of...
Exhibit Windows XP Support 3 02-22-2011 12:27 PM
US-International Keyboard Issue Win7
Hello. I have a very similar problem to the one posted at the end of this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-problem-with-us-international-keyboard-layout-283107.html For me, these characters are working fine and as expected: "'`~ ... but I'm having issues with ^^. It...
Zingaro Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 0 02-11-2011 04:10 AM
xp pro printing issue on W7 network
I have a W7 network and an hp inkjet f4400 printer attached via usb to a W7 64bit home premium pc and am unable to print to it from Dell d610 running xp pro. All other W7 pc's work fine. When this was a xp network it worked. Error received is invalid or broken handle. I have deleted and reinstalled...
fleschcom Windows XP Support 5 01-27-2011 09:34 PM
AntiVirus PRO Virus/ malware issue.
I got home from work last night to find that I am "Infected" and when I go to check task manager to see if I can find the rouge process and stop it, it blocks task manager. I power cycled my computer and tried to run it in safe mode, but when I did, it just kept restarting it. I finally said screw...
Uberhund Resolved HJT Threads 1 01-01-2011 11:07 AM
Possible Keyboard, Vista, or Other issue... unsure.
Hi, I'll get right to it: I have used the same keyboard for several years now. It is a Saitek (no definable model at first glance, but I can provide more details if necessary). It always worked great on my XP machine, but when I got a new computer (with Vista) I began having issues. The...
zellerscrossing Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 12-31-2010 05:14 PM