Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Constant beep on startup but works fine when connected to other monitors

This is a discussion on Constant beep on startup but works fine when connected to other monitors within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, when I switch my pc on there's a constant beep and monitor says no signal, I've connected it to

Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, when I switch my pc on there's a constant beep and monitor says no signal, I've connected it to another monitor and that works fine. My pc connects to monitor with a VGA cable and I'm always taking this out so I can connect my pc to a big tv, could this have damaged the connection on the monitor and be the cause of he constant beep or will the beep be because of something else?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

If it works with a different monitor, using the same cable, that indicates a monitor problem.
A continuous beep usually refers to no Power, loose card, or a short depending on the Bios.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Team Manager - Home Support
Moderator - Hardware Team

OS: Win-7 (64bit), XP-Pro SP3, Linux Mint V.16 (Cinnamon)

My System

Hi Darrenj22 and welcome to TSF

As Tyree says, it points to a monitor problem (possibly a worn pin(s) in the VGA connector) - Does the monitor's VGA cable unplug from the monitor, or is it wired in permanently?

If removable, try replacing the cable, otherwise you should be able to get the plug replaced at a local repair-shop. Although fairly sturdy, the VGA-plugs aren't really designed for constant swapping around.

What part of 'WOOF!' don't you understand?
WereBo is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search