Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Connecting satellite box to LCD monitor w/ vga and dvi-d inputs

This is a discussion on Connecting satellite box to LCD monitor w/ vga and dvi-d inputs within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Need help on how to connect my satellite box to my monitor. It has a vga and also a dvi-d

Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Need help on how to connect my satellite box to my monitor. It has a vga and also a dvi-d input in the back. What can I do instead of buying a tuner?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

i have never had reason to connect one of my sat boxes they are digital try it on the connection not being used you will probably have to switch between the 2 with either the monitor menu or the video card software i am using an lcdtv as a monitor so i have the connections on the back specifically for that connection

Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I really need to know if I should just buy a TV TUner or buy some dvi-d to compnent cables. Which would be the best alternative?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

if it is just normal tv programes i would use a tuner if it is satellite programs and the box has usb i think you can get a wireless sender from the box to the computer
i have 3 boxes running
paytv
thai global
and a motorised dish
mine are a few years old and don't have the usb connections,but i send the signals back up into the roof,to a splitter reversed and run that into a normal splitter and then down again to all rooms for this the tv card would be the best,unless you switch your monitor to a lcdtv

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] KVM Switch DVI / VGA
Hiya, Basicly what ive got is My new PC that has a DVI graphics card and my old PC wich has VGA. What i want to know is can i use a DVI KVM Switch but use a Female DVI - Male VGA adapter so that it can plug into the VGA graphics card. If anyone knows if this will actually work it would be...
Luke B Other Hardware Support 3 07-24-2007 07:01 AM
Standard VGA instead of DVI
i picked up a friends computer because he's got some spyware bad. I didn't even think to grab his keyboard, mouse, monitor etc and now i just realized the Dell Optiplex 280 he has uses a DVI input. It has an onboard VGA adapter and a DVI adapter card. I don't have a DVI monitor. The machine...
BoboChimp Video Card Support 3 10-12-2006 08:41 PM
TVTuner Box & LCD Monitor
The monitor I bought is a Samsung 940B. It has a vga and a dvi plug in. The tvtuner box has vga and allows for watching tv without the computer. My computer video is dvi. What I would like to know is if I can use a dvi cable to connect the monitor to my computer while at the same time connecting a...
Judanne Other Hardware Support 3 01-05-2006 12:33 PM
DVI cable for LCD monitor
I have brought a Viewsonic LCD monitor VA 915 19 inch which has DVI input. My graphic card is MSI 5700LE which has DVI output. I am not bale to locate a DVI to DVI cable in Dubai. I could find, DVI to VGA cable which is for connecting a DVI output to VGA input monitor. In addition, I have a DVI...
Amrish Other Hardware Support 3 12-01-2005 08:39 PM
No signal when LCD connected to digital DVI
I bought 19'' Samsung LCD (193P) a couple of month ago. It replaced my old CRT. It was supposed to match the new 6600GT with dual DVI. It worked fine. About a week ago it suddenly went black – just a flying box with “No connection – check cable”. I could not believe that. I brought my old CRT from...
d680001 Video Card Support 0 03-10-2005 09:55 PM