Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Turns OFF

SOLVED 
2K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Done_Fishin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have had a problem for the past two weeks. My computer would turn off without any warning (literally like a power would go down). I can turn it on straight away. It turns off sometimes when I play games or even sometimes when I'm just watching a movie on my computer. The problem started occuring when I started playing GTA4. The computer turned off randomly and I wasn't sure what was wrong with it. I have cleaned my PC from any dust, my fans are working and I have re-applied my thermal paste on my processor. I have even added an extra fan to make sure that the heating is not a problem. But if the processor would be over heating then my PC would beep (It beeped few weeks ago because I have installed the processor on a new motherboard and the thermal paste was bad). The Power supply (corsair gs600) which I have is 600W so I don't think it's a problem. The computer has new parts from December such as Motherboard and RAM.

Here are my PC specifications:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BLAZE-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. FB, 1/23/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.96 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.6 GB
Page File Space 7.96 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

#24 ·
the jump from 8 - 34 isn't alarming but what is that it starts at 8 unless your cooling your cpu with liquid nitrogen or your room has icicles in it that reading is wrong.

If your system has a speaker i.e you hear a beep when you turn it on please remove all of your RAM and switch the computer on. If you do not hear a series of beeps to say there is no RAM installed then you have a problem with your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.