Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Cant set up my resolution

5K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hello, I cant get my monitor to 1920x1080 resolution. I just installed a driver for it and when I select resolution and press apply it just goes black screen and when I press enter it goes back to 1600x1200

Monitor: LG Flatron w2243s

#2 ·
Re: Cant set up my resolution

Shouldn't need a driver. The "generic PnP" Windows driver will work just fine. All a specific driver really does is change the name (ie: "LG Flatron w2243s" instead of "generic PnP").

In any event, uninstall the driver, reboot, and test.

You may also want to update/reinstall the video drivers. These type of issues are most often video driver related and not the monitor "driver".

#9 ·

What resolution do you get with the standard Windows driver? Did you install the latest AMD driver from either the AMD site or Windows Update? What operating system are you using? Make sure that you get the appropriate driver for your OS. Also, check to see if LG has a monitor driver for your OS.

#19 ·

Ok I see, what all you actually need?

System: MS-7529
CPU: Pentium dual core
GPU: Radeon HD 4300/4500 series
The motherboard has to have another model number that one is getting me nowhere except to the bios update for some reason. Most MSI boards have more than one model number which I have never understood. Rin this and tell me what that gives you for motherboard:
http://downloads.tomsguide.com/SIW,0301-3552.html

#24 ·

The SIW will show slayerdeath if you look under Video card also and MPR has the right place to go for you for the drivers, thanks. If you don't know if 32 bit or 64 bit right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties" and the screen that comes up will tell you version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.