Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Can't connect my bluetooth headset to my computer

This is a discussion on Can't connect my bluetooth headset to my computer within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there.. I've bought a computer with no internal bluetooth antenna, so I've also bought this USB bluetooth dongle .

Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there..

I've bought a computer with no internal bluetooth antenna, so I've also bought this USB bluetooth dongle.

I want to use it to connect my bluetooth headset to my computer, so I can listen to music from the computer.. I already use this headset with my mobile phone with no problems. My headset is a Nokia BH-604

So I install my USB dongle on the laptop and set my headset in connect-mode, and the dongle finds it.. But when I try to connect to it, I get an error message with this error code: 0x80004005.. I try again with the same error.. Then I try to detect my mobile phone on the computer, and I find it and try to connect, which it does (with no error message or anything), and then I try to connect the headset again, but now I can't even detect it when I search for new devices :(

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Kirk

Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Registered Member

its possible the headset will only work with phones try checking the manual see if it says anything about connecting to your computer