Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue snowball mic

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 · (Edited)
Blue snowball mic recording problems- PLZ HALP

I recently bought a Blue snowball mic and I'm having a problem getting it to work. Text Software Font Line Screenshot
please help, I've been trying to find a solution for days with no luck.

See less See more
#3 ·
Is this a new mic or used? Not all are supported by Win7.

The Blue webpage outlines basic troubleshooting:

Open your computer's audio menu and verify that Blue Microphones Snowball is the selected sound source.
Confirm that the USB cable is not plugged in upside-down, on the rear of the Snowball. (If the USB cable is upside-down, the red light will come on, but the snowball will not be recognized)
Try restarting your computer.
Make sure the Snowball is plugged directly into your computer, and not connected to any hubs.
Have you tested on another computer? This will help narrow down if the issue lies within the Snowball, or your computer.
Sometimes operating systems will not recognize the device name, but will label it as a generic USB device. Please confirm that this is not the issue.
If it is not available, please try, if available, another USB cable. If the mic still is not available, there may be a fault with it.

#4 ·
The mic is brand new off of amazon and none of the things you listed are a problem, in the days that I've been searching all of those came up and I tried them but it just doesn't work. It also doesn't have a serial number which means it was made after 2009 so it works with windows 7. but thanks for trying

#5 ·
That would have been good to know in the first topic. If it's not specifically stated, I have to assume you haven't done anything.

Then you have tested on another computer?

Have you tested using the rear ports (ie: NOT the front panel ports)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.