Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

Black screen and flashing power light on monitor

This is a discussion on Black screen and flashing power light on monitor within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. At first I would leave the computer running with the monitor on and after a few hours it would turn

Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

At first I would leave the computer running with the monitor on and after a few hours it would turn on. Well I came home and now its black all the time. A friend let me use his and it turned on for awhile but again the problem came back. I was just using the mother board integrated graphics when it started happening. So I took an old video card and put it in and it came right on but only for the problem to happen after a few hours. Two different monitors and a video card and the mother board all do it. I know I'm missing some details but just some general ideas of where to start would be great. Thank you

Old 02-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

What are we working with?
PC Specs?
Pre- Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Win 7 Restarts on App Launch
When I run a certain application, Windows 7 restarts. May have srated after Security Shield 2012 infection.
sjf12447 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-29-2012 03:01 PM
Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...
Dear People, I have been having this problem "Application.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and tried a lot to find appropriate solution through google but no success. I am NOT working with any programming code. I would like to kindly ask if...
ToiletDiver Windows XP Support 13 02-29-2012 04:41 AM
[SOLVED] Epox 9NDA3I Power BIOS
this section has an overclocking feature that has me concerned due to the high sound levels from my fan. The fan is a generic 6cm cooling fan mounted on top of the aluminum heatsink over my AMD Athlon 3500+ processor. It is currently clocked in at 2200 (x11) settings. However, I had noted that...
tango51 Overclocking 3 02-26-2012 12:12 PM
AMD Radeon HD 6770 Fan Noise on Boot
I purchased an AMD Radeon HD 6770 about a month ago, and the installation went without a hitch, but whenever I boot up my computer, (it may be notable that I boot through GRUB) the fan starts SCREAMING. But as soon as Win7 has finished loading, it seems like the fan starts slowing down, until it is...
FussyCashew Video Card Support 7 02-25-2012 08:10 PM
Sony VPCP113KX Screen Replacement (8 in screen)
Bezel easily separates from upper screen area of laptop with minimal prying using fingernail, but appears to be integral part of hinge assembly at lower screen area. Need instructions for separating bezel from hinge area to procede with screen replacement. TIA, G
gasena Laptop Support 1 02-25-2012 12:17 PM