Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

acer aspire 6935g overheating and shuting down

This is a discussion on acer aspire 6935g overheating and shuting down within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, Is there a way I can check if my cooling fan is working correctly as my laptop gets

Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

Is there a way I can check if my cooling fan is working correctly as my laptop gets hot and shuts down unless I run it on a cooling pad

Thanks

Gylen

Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Has the fan and vents been cleaned lately? If not I would suggest doing so.

Caring for your notebook computer.

If you continue to have problems you may have to clean and re-apply a new application of thermal paste.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
desktop.ini virus and redirects
I have been getting many redirects. I thought I fixed the problem with hitman pro a few days ago but now its back and there are many of them. hitman pro makes me restart to delete and when I run it again the same ones are there. Im fairly sure they are back door trojans and need help. DDS...
soarin Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-16-2012 07:36 PM
xxx is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
Hey, There's 1 specific folder on my hard disk with 3 small text files in it. That once I tried opening it today, gave this error: "xxx is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I'm not sure how this could've happened. I editted one of the text files...
harddiskissue Hard Drive Support 5 04-01-2012 12:54 AM
Rootkit Virus and lost internet connection
My wife's laptop had a Google redirect problem, when I was investigating I found a Rootkit Virus also. I started following some directions in another thread and inadvertantly lost my internet connection. My internet and router work, because I'm using them with other laptop. I was told to take...
AMB1101 Resolved HJT Threads 37 03-27-2012 07:39 PM
Newish 149GB HDD being eaten alive and filling up with unknown data..
My laptop PC is an IBM Thinkpad that recently had it's 30GB HDD changed out for a larger 149GB HDD. The original Win XP SP 3 was transferred from the 30GB HDD to the new HDD. Data was previously backed up to my portable 500GB HDD. Almost at once a report of trojan MURLO was fixed by Spyware. Full...
AdrianJenkyn Windows XP Support 1 03-26-2012 10:35 PM
Microsoft hits Zeus botnet cybercrime servers and domains
Microsoft and several of its partners have disrupted a number of cybercrime rings that used the Zeus malware to steal an estimated $100 million over the last five years. The company said a consolidated legal case has been filed in the US against those allegedly responsible that for the first...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-26-2012 02:20 PM