Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Other Hardware Support

2 monitors, 2 audio signals.

This is a discussion on 2 monitors, 2 audio signals. within the Other Hardware Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I apologize if this has been discussed. I'm quite the noob. I have a laptop, the screen is broken so

Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I apologize if this has been discussed. I'm quite the noob. I have a laptop, the screen is broken so I have it plugged into a monitor. I also have my hdtv plugged in, which I use for streaming hulu and netflix. I want to know if I can play my games and listen to music out of the laptop speakers, while the audio for hulu still goes thru the tv. I cannot think of how to phrase my inquiry in one sentence, so google was totally unsuccessful. Any help would be awesome, thanks everyone.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

No. Windows will only output default audio (which includes all Windows sounds and browser audio) to a single chipset. There is not a way to separate Windows sounds, browser audio, and gaming. With a second audio chipset, you could separate audio from a media player.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One Display/Two Monitors/Win7?
:wave:I've been looking around for something that will allow me to get one display on two monitors. I was able to do it easy in XP because of the Nvidia driver, but it will not work in 7.:facepalm: I have the Gigabyte GTX 280 video card. I am trying to find:4-compute a third party software that...
spirittoo Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 17 03-06-2012 03:35 PM
HDMI to VGA and other HDMI monitors
Hello, I'm new to TechSupportForum and would like some help.. My AIO ACER Aspire Z5801 computer has one HDMI output on the back, it is the only output for graphics and I have a 21" VGA TV/Monitor I would like to connect my PC to, I heard I may need a converter. But also I would like to jook up...
IJudgeyI Video Card Support 6 03-04-2012 01:33 PM
Audio problem with VIA drivers
(updated systems specs to my current build) I cannot get proper sound using the VIA official drivers (they are for Windows 7) I get noise, I can use the generic ones but I don't have Stereo mix, Is there any fix for this? Thanks
Derek12 Windows 8 Support 1 03-04-2012 01:30 PM
[SOLVED] No Audio Device
Hi Guys, Would like to seek for your help. Have already installed the latest audio driver of my board but still it says that No Audio Device. See attached for your reference. Thanks in advance.
Everyduty Windows XP Support 4 03-02-2012 04:10 PM
Audio HDMI "not plugged in"
I have a Dell Inspiron1525 (vista service pack 2). I had it connected to Toshiba LCD tv through an HDMI cable...everything worked fine. I have it connected to a new Vizio LCD tv the exact same way. I only get video - no audio. Sound Manager lists: HDMI Device, Intel High Definition Audio...
HB2022 Sound Cards 5 03-01-2012 04:46 PM