Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird

774 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Joshwd 
#1 ·
Hi I need help on fixing my computer. I'm not sure whats causeing it. When my monitor auto powers off every now and then when I wiggle the mouse to turn it on the screen becomes blank with just the wall paper and the taskbar. I cant open anything when this happens and I have to keep turning off the pc and turning it back on. Please help

#3 ·
Thanks for the response and the welcome. Much appreciated.
So yes i ment that the monitor powers off when I leave it like it normally would. And randomly when I wake it up by moving the mouse the problem happens. Sometimes it wakes up good. Sometimes it wakes up good but with a purple colour on the whole display. But then sometimes it wakes up with only the taskbar and nothing else and won't let you launch anything.

I did the SFC on cmd following the guide and it brought up everything was good and it didn't detect anything bad. All I can possible think of now for fixing it is maybe a new cable. I am new with cables and computers so I don't know what each one is called sorry. All I know is I have 2 cables going from the case to the monitor. One of the cables has a special joiner to plug into a port on the back of the case. And also I have a power lead :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.