Not open for further replies.

Upgrading Video Card, Confusion ensues

893 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

so I am looking to upgrade my GPU.

Let me use an example, when I run a test on

Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements

For Battlefield 4. it suggest recommended as a video card upgrade, that's the only thing I fail on for "Recommended". I know it's a powerful game and I don't plan on playing it but I enjoy using it as a goal point.

It's the only thing I fall just short on for Recommended.

See this screenshot for my Card model number and what it suggests > http://puu.sh/bIt5Y/7b47c977d6.png

So it suggests at least 3GB of dedicated Video memory right? Mine is DDR3 and I am assuming they are talking 3GB+ of DDR3, as when I click "Upgrade" it goes to amazon with a search definition of DDR3 3gb+.

My question is, would this card be suitable?

Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics card - Ebuyer

Obviously that's only 2GB, but I am not TOO familiar on the difference gap between DDR3 and GDDR5.

Any advice would be awesome.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
So it suggests at least 3GB of dedicated Video memory right? Mine is DDR3 and I am assuming they are talking 3GB+ of DDR3,
What they are referring to is the RAM built onto the GPU not what's on your mobo.

Like mentioned in the post before...that GPU should do you just fine. However, if you would increase your budget, lets say by 50 to 100£ then you're inline for the 760/770 with 3GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.