Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] powercolor radeon hd 5570 1GB low profile wont work?? comp wont boot

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dani_t 
#1 ·
Hi guys, so my friend told me about this forum and said that if I got any questions I should post it here and people will solve them... so here it goes...
Lately I got a new hd 5570 low profile 1gb ddr graphic card (been using on board card previously) and when I install it into the slot the computer won't boot. Wont even go into post. It does however makes this error code which is 4-2-3-3 (extended block move, no idea what that is..) I asked other people already what to do and so far none of their suggestions work. I tried the bios, selected auto and PEg for the video card but with no luck, tried removing the RAM and rubbing the gold connection bits with an eraser and switched them around which didnt work, tried cleaning the gold connection bit on the video card with eraser with no luck too. Al ready uninstalled the driver for the onboard, but its still working perfectly fine. And I'm prettysure that the car dnad the power supply is good cause I tried them on a different comp and they worked fine. my comp is a lenovo think center a55- 8706 running on vista home premium service pack 2
thanks guys~:pray::pray:

#2 ·
Re: powercolor radeon hd 5570 1GB low profile wont work?? comp wont boot

Well, the PC you have comes standard with a 220W power supply. The recommended Power Supply for the ATI 5570 is 400W. My guess is your PC is underpowered for that card unless you had upgraded the power supply. I don't know if that is even possible for that model though.

#3 ·
Re: powercolor radeon hd 5570 1GB low profile wont work?? comp wont boot

Well, the PC you have comes standard with a 220W power supply. The recommended Power Supply for the ATI 5570 is 400W. My guess is your PC is underpowered for that card unless you had upgraded the power supply. I don't know if that is even possible for that model though.

I've upgraded the psu to 350W ... I know that the card said you need 400W but The shop keeper guaranteed that the psu can run the card and the shop keeper helped me tried it on his comp with the psu and card which worked..... thanks.:normal:

#6 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!

Okay, I just wrote here because I had the same (similar) problem, and share my finding, hope it'll to someone.

So I have a Fujitsu Esprimo e5720 PC and bough a new graphics card, a Asus Radeon r7 240. I get the same with it like you do (extended block move @ Phoenix r1.18). When the computer not boots even (no numlocks lighten up, no boot & picture just the beeps) you can check if its putted inside very well, even take out the lp bracelet to make sure and power cable are on it finely. If so try it on the bios to make primaly card pci-express and try disable the onboard graphics (IGP). When you still have the error Im assumed its due some mainboard incompatibility with the card. Either the chipset (mine is q33 so its should be ok) or the bios doesnt compatible with a card. I usually seen this problem mostly with card like geforce 620, hd 5570, 5750, 5450 but maybe more out there. With pre-built oem computers like hp, fujitsu, lenovo. If so and the mainboard is okay for the gpu (which is usually is..but who knows) I think its most likely BIOS error. Mainly it doesnt like the card. So if its sound correct to you and familiar the stuff above, then so, check your manufacturers support site (eg fujitsu.com) and from there because its official download the newest bios update. I think if they're solved the problem its worth a try. On bios update make sure you'll exactly chose the correct mainboard or system! and read about bios update before. do it when youre really sure what your doing..and..give then a try :)
Hope it helps, for me there is no bios update so I waiting for an other videocard, the 730, hope i will be lucky with that :) So im concerned its a bios issue, gave it a try if you have support for that. its most typically oem problem i think. Have fun! ciao

ps: and of course bios update work if theyre solved the problem. or wrote to the manufacturest about gpu support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.