Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

[SOLVED] Incorrect Drivers for Radeon HD3200

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Incorrect Drivers for Radeon HD3200 within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am unable to find the correct drivers for the Radeon HD3200 graphics card. This card is in my Gateway

Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: WinXP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home, Win7 Pro, Win Server 2003 STD and SBS, Win Server 2008 STD and SBS

I am unable to find the correct drivers for the Radeon HD3200 graphics card. This card is in my Gateway M-26 laptop. I downloaded the Catalyst tool which appeared to find the correct drivers which I downloaded. I attempted to install them but get an error code 39 at the end of the installation. I repeated the installation to assure that it wasn't a one time fluke.

I also downloaded the drivers from the Gateway website. I didn't get an error code but I did get a message that said that the drivers were not the correct ones. I suspect that this is because the OS was not Vista as it was originally.

Details and my pc's config.
This is my daughters laptop. It is a Gateway M-26 series (M-2623U model) and it came with Vista Home Premium x64 bit. I was unable to reload Vista because my OS disc had an error -- it could not find a particular file during the installation. As an alternative, I loaded Win XP Pro x64. I was able to load it successfully but had troulbe with the NIC and video drivers. I downloaded the NIC manufacturer tool and it found the correct driver and it works fine. Currently, the default windows vga driver is loaded and it has very poor performance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi,

Is this where you found your driver?

Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / M Series / M-26

If so, there are 3 drivers listed, two of which I think are the same just different versions because the size is the same. However, there the third one is much larger. I would try that.

If none of those work, try the one directly from ati/amd. I linked the site below for you.

AMD Support & Drivers

Good Luck

Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device
Manager > Right click the device you want to view > Properties
> Details Tab > Select Hardware Id from the list

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

All drivers for OEM PC's need to be obtained only from the manufacturer's site.
i.e. the link cl0udedth0ught provided.
The Vista drivers "should" work but if not then you would need to contact the manufacturer.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote