I am trying to upgrade an outdated GeForce 8400 GS card to a card that came today, GeForce GTX 550ti 1gb version. Have removed all old previous drivers. Computer boots up, but installer fails, have tried using the CD drivers that came with it, the latest ones (301.42-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql) and have also tried the GEFORCE R295 DRIVER 296.10 drivers.
1) CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 64bit OS,
2) Please indicated the previous driver version you were using: The previous card in the PC was a GeForce 8400 GS with latest drivers (now uninstalled)
3) How was the driver installed?
4) Is Microsoft UAC enabled/disabled? Enabled
5) Have you used any registry cleaner/optimizer/security tool since the last successful NVIDIA driver installation? No
6) Are you using any anti-virus program? If so, which one? avast
7) Which driver version were you updating from? Fresh installation.
8) If you can, please follow the instructions below to provide us with your installation logs:
I have attached a zip file with all logs inside, hope this is the appropriate method.