Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

[SOLVED] Blank Screen ASUS HD 6950

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Blank Screen ASUS HD 6950 within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Everyone I've been experiencing problems with my graphics card ASUS HD 6950 Direct cu II 2GB. It has been

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Everyone

I've been experiencing problems with my graphics card ASUS HD 6950 Direct cu II 2GB. It has been working beautifully prior, had been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky Complete full setting not a problem. Popped out for about an hour, got home to blank screen! I connected the monitor to the on-board graphics card worked fine, started up the ASUS Smart Doctor and had an error "can't find ASUS Graphics Card" so I took my graphics card back to the shop and exchanged. It still wont work, my Full Spec follows;

Lenovo H420
Windows 7 64bit home edition
Intel i3 3.3ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
700w OCZ PSU
500gb Hard Drive
ASUS HD 6950 Direct Cu II 2GB GDDR5
DVD RW+-
Intel hd onboard Graphics

Thank you for taking the time to read
Orangehaze

Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Was the 6950 part of the original hardware configuration or was it added.
How old is the OCZ PSU?
What configuration is the 6GB of RAM?
Your Mobo is Dual Channel so using a matched pair of RAM is the best option to take advantage of Dual Channel Mode.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

I bought the Graphics card separate, but at the same time as the PC and the PSU is about 6-7months old. I have been trough 4 PC's since the original purchase. The RAM i believe is 4gb and 2gb so will look at getting another 4gb
Thanks for the response
Orangehaze
Old 01-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Registered Member

Success it was a driver issue!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search