Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

[SOLVED] ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My motherboard is gigabyte 945GCM-S2L and i am planning to buy ATI radeon HD5670 1gb ddr3 , heres the link

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

My motherboard is gigabyte 945GCM-S2L and i am planning to buy ATI radeon HD5670 1gb ddr3 , heres the link of the site from which i am buying this card

Flipkart: PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

will my motherboard support this card ?? whats this ddr3 ddr5 on graphic cards..And my mobo has PCI express x16 and the graphic card supports 2.1. whats the deal help me out

thnx for support

Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Moderator hardware team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyyy View Post
will my motherboard support this card ? yes

whats this Gddr3 Gddr5 on graphic cards? The type of memory used on the card. Higher the number, faster the memory. Do not confuse this with system memory.

And my mobo has PCI express x16 and the graphic card supports 2.1. whats the deal help me out
Nearly all graphics cards today, use the PCI express x16 format. The 'x16' is the number of PCI lanes used (more lanes means higher bandwidth).
The 1.0/2.0/2.1 etc. is the version of the PCIe specification the card/slot is built to; higher numbers represent more recent spec. Newer spec'd cards and slots are backward compatible with older specs.

All that said, your motherboard will accept and run your new card.

PS: Re graphics memory. The type of memory used on your motherboard has no effect on what type of memory may be used on your graphics card. The two are completely separate.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you gcavan
Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Moderator hardware team

My System

Quote:
From PM
So i can use any graphic card with my mother board ? and the only thing i should do is have the correct power supply ?
Theoretically, yes. However, your processor and memory would probably bottleneck higher end cards.

PS: Another factor to watch for, is the space available within your system case. Multi-slot and long cards may not physically fit without modification to the interior structure of the case. This should not be an issue with the HD 5670