Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

[SOLVED] AMD Vision Engine Control Center will not open!

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] AMD Vision Engine Control Center will not open! within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So this just appears to have happened randomly. Every time I turn my computer on, a little CCC icon appears

Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

So this just appears to have happened randomly. Every time I turn my computer on, a little CCC icon appears in the system tray after about 1 minute. From there, I can open the Engine Control Center and adjust settings and view GPU temps and what not. Well I just noticed that the icon is gone from the system tray now. Also, I cannot open ECC no matter what I do. I have uninstalled every AMD program through the AMD uninstall suite, I have rebooted, I have tried everything I know to try, and it still won't open.

I say this happened randomly because I literally have changed nothing with the computer. I was just adjusting some settings yesterday and noticed later that day that it wasn't working anymore. Any suggestions?

My specs are: Win 7 64, AMD A8-3800, 2 Radeon HD 6790's in crossfire.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Volunteer

My System

Hello allanmtt

Have you tried doing a System Restore?

Try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the program.

Submit New Articles Here

Linux User #565010

It's never about how good you are, it's about how much you can change lives.
Babbzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

No I have not yet. I am trying another uninstall with a driver sweeper this time as well. I will report back if that doesn't work and try a restore point.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

No luck with anything. I used REVO uninstaller and a driver sweeper. Reinstalled everything and it still didn't work. I even went back to a restore point and nothing. I am at a total loss. It's weird because the cards work fine when I'm playing a game, I just can't access any of the settings which is kind of annoying. I have no idea what else to try.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Volunteer

My System

See if you have any luck with the steps taken by these users.

CCC not opening or working - Overclockers Forums

Submit New Articles Here

Linux User #565010

Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member

Man I have tried everything I know of, and what it seems most other people know too. I have done every suggestion I have been given. I am at a total loss and incredibly frustrated. I don't know what to do. I just have too much stuff on my computer to do a clean OS install, it would take me a week to get it all back to how it was. I really hope someone has something else other than clean install the program. I have done that in every possible way.

The worst part about this whole thing is that I didn't even install anything or change anything to make this happen! It just happened randomly.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Volunteer

My System

The suggestions mentioned in the below forums, seem to have worked for many. Try them: [SOLVED] catalyst control center wont start? - Rage3D Discussion Area

Submit New Articles Here

Linux User #565010

Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Registered Member

Damnit I am so mad right now! Nothing is freakin working! I have tried literally 10 things and wasted an entire day and have gotten absolutely nowhere. I don't know what to do. I am almost ready to just reload the OS because this is ridiculous. I have so many games that play a lot better with xfire and now it's not working. I am almost out of patience with this problem.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Registered Member

Well, thanks for the help that I got. I just decided to do a clean OS install. It's going to be a pain reinstalling all the games, but sometimes a fresh install is a good thing. I hadn't done one since I went to xfire cards and it seems to work a little smoother now too. So the only note to take is that ccc.exe would never run for me. If I tried to for it through run prompt cli.exe would pop up for a few seconds then go away. I don't know if that means anything. Now that I have reinstalled the OS, everything seems to be working great. I will learn from this and definitely make a restore point to go back to if this happens again.