Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Video Card Support

[SOLVED] amd radeon hd 6700 problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] amd radeon hd 6700 problem within the Video Card Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just recently had to re-install my OS after a blue screen. Got it all up and running again without to

Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Just recently had to re-install my OS after a blue screen. Got it all up and running again without to much difficulty. re-installed Steam to play the games i got on there and ran into this:

MESSAGE-
your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this game. Exiting...

Before I had absolutely no trouble running anything. Now I dont know if somethings broken and needs to be replaced or what... Help please!

System specs:
OS-Windows 7
Graphics- AMD Radeon hd 6700 x2 with latest drivers
Proccesors- AMD FX 4100 x4
PSU- 1000w Thermaltake
Memory- 8gb

Anything else you need just ask and ill provide the info. To any that offer advice I appreciate your time and effort ahead of time! Thank you.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

In addition, tried to select one of the windows 7 screen savers and it said i couldnt because my system did not support 3D rendering... Just made the jump to twin video cards and a quad core running 3.60gb/sec... why am i having trouble now? Nothing is overclocked, im running safe not uber gamer.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

BSOD's are commonly hardware related. The Error Codes displayed on the BSOD will usually help resolve them.

Try using one GPU at a time until you get all issues resolved. Two GPU's offer very little overall graphics improvements. One better GPU will usually render a better graphics improvement without the problems commonly associated with two GPU's.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply Tyree. I did some research on the BSOD code and it resulted in my booting off the HD with the restore cd for windows 7. Now the CPU is good minus this conflict with the video card. I'll try booting off one GPU at a time and see if that resolves anything. I appreciate your assistance.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
Registered Member

So figured it out. I am not all that computer savvy first off. I couldnt shake the feeling that I was just missing something simple. So I went in and checked my video card drivers via Device Manager. It was still up to date. Then I noticed it said I was running on in board graphics which was not true. Saw a block to enable my GPU. So I hit enable. This sent me into a restart and a new BSOD. I started in safe mode and searched for the error code and then saw how others had defeated this particular error code. I did a windows update. It fixed just about everything. My drivers are good my OS is good. It complains saying I cant update IE 10 or some such but everything I use this CPU for now is operational. Games internet, screensavers and work. I sincerely hope that this simple and easy solution helps at least one other person. Tyree thanks for the advice but im seriously happy my GPU's were not the problem!!! Good luck to everyone trying to fix thier CPU's!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware

Glad it's resolved and thanks for posting back.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote