Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen distortion, PC now crashing w/pics

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyree 
#1 ·
I began having issues two days ago, when Dota 2 crashed during the queue of the new All random deathmatch mode. Several other people crashed, so I assumed that the graphical errors I had were due to bugs in the code. However, I continued to have these errors in other games. And when getting photographs of the errors, my computer crashed and now will not reboot in normal mode.

Sequence of events:
Initial bug.
Other major glitches.
Install CCC 14.4 drivers.
Continued bugs and BSOD
Install CCC 14.7 beta.
Continued bugs.
Reformat of main drive and re-install windows, install up to date drivers and BIOS.
Install CCC 14.4
Further glitching
Remove second monitor
Short respite, then more glitching.
Install 14.7 again
Further glitching, PC is now crashed.

Photos attached, game is CS:GO and did not exhibit the largest amounts of visual disruption. Some events had significantly more horizontal "tearing," where about 50% of the horizontal lines would shift right on their own, creating a double image.
The computer then crashed with a white and black vertical lines screen. Visual disruption also affects the windows load screen.

So is my GPU destroyed, is there something I can do, or something I should have done?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Does the machine work normally with the onboard gpu or another card?

Seeing as there are artifacts on your boot screen it would point to something very broken on the gpu itself as the video drivers aren't loaded during the boot screen. What power supply was powering the gpu before it burned out?

#4 ·
No problems without the GPU would indicate the GPU is faulty.
Brand & Model of the GPU?
Ultra PSU's are lower quality and a 2 yr. old unit would be suspect and possibly contributed to/caused the GPU failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.